Sunday 20 May 2012

Facings

The furthest I could reach with my jacket is the facings and inside pocket. I think this has gone well, and the shape of the facing is good. I think the left side of my jetted pocket is on too much of a slant, possibly because I sewed slightly past the upright. I shall have to be more careful of this in the future. Although I found I could complete the pocket without looking at my instructions, I did occasionally miss a stage and had to go back. I do need to keep practicing pockets but I think I completed this one relatively quickly, partly because the jets were plain fabric which made it much easier.



I am pleased with the inside of the pocket, as I usually zig zag this piece to the pocketing, but as lining frays a lot and is easily caught when using zig zag, I top stitched it instead, which has worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment