Saturday 28 April 2012

Reflection on the project

As I am beginning my work placement on Tuesday, I am not able to progress much further with my jacket as I need to be shown the next steps. I am disappointed that I will not be able to finish my jacket, but think that I will gain valuable skills and experience through completing a work placement. Hopefully, at some point in the future, I will be able to complete my jacket as tailoring is a particular area of interest to me and something I think I might like to continue in my third year.

At this point, I am pleased with the work I have done on my jacket. I have worked hard to ensure my pockets are of a standard I am happy with as well as other aspects of my jacket, such as the pad stitching. I feel like I have learned some new skills, and was happy that I was able to learn how to do trouser side entry pockets and a fly, because although I am not making trousers for this project, it is useful to know for the future.

With regards more generally to tailoring, I have continued to be aware of the importance of precision and of getting things right the first time. I have tried to follow this throughout the project, but found it particularly challenging with regards to the pockets as to ensure the stripes were matching and precise, I had to unpick and re sew the jets a few times. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed the challenges of the project and finding ways to overcome them as well as working more independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment