Tuesday 3 April 2012

Fabric!

After three trips to London I finally have my fabric! I went back to Fabric House where the similar fabric the owner had found was perfect, and I think I almost prefer it as the herringbone is subtler. It is about the same thickness, and although I am not sure its exact weight (it could be lighter than 14oz) I think it should be good to work with.

I also bought some silk lining fabric - I went for black as although the turquoise appealed to me, I thought black suited the fabric and time period better.




Finally getting my fabric is a big relief, particularly as it is something I am happy to work with and therefore will make the project more enjoyable. I also think the herringbone will provide a bit of a challenge, as I will have to ensure the pockets match and it goes in the same direction throughout the suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment